Friday 17 April 2015

Suffolk 2015 Day 2


First full day of the holiday and it is Easter Sunday. The met office promised an overcast sky and temperatures below average. They were wrong on both counts fortunately. My sister, niece her son Finlay, and Finlay’s dad were coming to town today. They were driving from Ampton and got to Dunwich at 12. We didn't know what we were going to do for lunch because I feared that being Easter Sunday everything would be closed. We had very limited provisions. The day was getting sunnier and we could see across the marshes that car park at the Flora Tearooms was filling up. Fish and chips all round then.



It is a very pleasant walk from where we were staying to the restaurant. The first time I came here was just before our daughter was born, about 13 years ago. We used to come up over the Easter weekend and stay with my mum in Bury St. Edmunds. I remember seeing this house in the distance from the car park in Dunwich and wonder what it would be like to stay there. Now I  know !
The fish and chips are delicious but getting a bit pricey these days. £9 for a plate of haddock and chips, phew.



This is Finlay’s first time to the sea side. He was very excited about the big wet wobbly cold thing called the North Sea.  Bone chillingly cold! After the beach we went to the Ship Inn where I had a very decent pint of Adnams Broadside. Mmm, it hit the spot. We sat outside in the large garden and Finlay played with the other children in the garden.  





After my sister et al had left I realised my big mistake. I had left the leg of lamb in the fridge at home. Crap! Fortunately dinner was saved as the previous occupiers had left some chicken thighs and drumsticks in the freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment